Melania Trump and husband Donald Trump continue to face criticism over their marriage, with many commenters questioning whether the couple’s relationship is a happy one. However, White House tell-all author, Cliff Sims, has previously described the couple’s marriage quite positively.
In a previous review of Team of Vipers, the tell-all book about President Trump, The New York Times wrote that the couple’s relationship defies “the public perception of their marriage.”
According to the review, the book depicts Melania as “protective” – especially when it comes to the White House staff, her husband and her son, Barron Trump, 13.
In the review, it highlights a particular anecdote that was used in the book, which claims Melania complained to Trump about a Politico article on his first communications director and that she suggested her husband tried to get rid of him.
Melania and Donald prefer not to speak publicly about their marriage, and instead focus on political matters at hand.
Melania also said they have “more important things to think about”.
She added: “It is not a concern and focus of mine,” she said in the interview. “I’m a mother and a first lady, and I have much more important things to think about and to do.”
Although, Donald Trump is no stranger to negative press, the review highlights that the book, which was released last year, “doesn’t always present the President in a negative light.”
According to the article, in the book there is a segment that describes an emotional reaction by Trump to the first death of a service member during his Presidency.
4. The US first lady was a successful model, known for her appearances in Sports Illustrated, Vanity Fair, Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar and GQ. She is also the only first lady to have posed nude for magazines, including a British GQ photo spread in 2000.
5. In addition to her modeling career, Trump was also a businesswoman who launched a jewellery line in 2010 and a caviar-based skincare line in 2013.
Meanwhile, President Trump has faced new backlash from the media, after being humiliated with his most recent blunder, as US Military chiefs revealed that 11 troops were treated for injuries after an Iranian missile attack on the Iraqi airbase where they were stationed occurred.
Originally, Donald Trump and the US military had said there were no casualties after the strike on the Ain al-Asad airbase in western Iraq and a facility in its northern Kurdish region.
But in a statement today, Captain Bill Urban, spokesman for US Central Command, said: “While no US service members were killed in the January 8 Iranian attack on al-Asad airbase, several were treated for concussion symptoms from the blast and are still being assessed.
“As a measure of caution, some service members were taken to US facilities in Germany or Kuwait for follow-on screening.
“When deemed fit for duty, the service members are expected to return to Iraq.”